|Visan Trust is a private charitable trust formed by the Shah family who are the main promoters of Chembond Group of companies. Chembond commenced production activities in MIDC, Tarapur in 1979 and have achieved good growth through expanded operations. In order to plough back part of the society, Children's Centre, named "Visan Children Centre" was set up in the year 1999 for the benefit of the tribal girls. This centre is operating very successfully with strength of nearly 260 girl children who are taught various skills by qualified social science teachers and trainers.
|The children are provided good nourishing food at the centre. Realizing that these same every girls will become mothers, a deep sense of hygiene and sanitation is impressed upon them in the formative years. The annual budget for this project is being provided by Chembond Chemicals Limited|
|The chairman of Chembond, Dr. Vinod D. Shah is a chemical engineer with wide experience on industrial water treatment & with fervent desire to do something for the underprivileged section of society; the field of drinking water was identified as a thrust area of social work.|
|Water is the essence of life. The vision here is to mobilize technology, human resources and finance to improve the quality of drinking water and create awareness about the sanitation and hygiene in remote communities which will eventually reduce the mortalities of young population and to uplift the lifestyle.|
- To identify stress areas facing acute drinking water problems. Water is being analyzed in our laboratories. Depending upon the analysis, remedial actions are decided in consultation with the local population.
- Ensure that the school children in rural and tribal areas receive clean and hygienic water.
- Introduce effective and efficient drinking water treatment systems at village level.
- Try to solve problems in water shortage areas through rain harvesting, borewells or other simple means.
- Carry out training sessions at village level on sanitation and hygiene.
- Our laboratories in Mahape are fully equipped to carry out complete water analysis.
- We are in the process of preparing training manuals in local languages about drinking water quality, sanitation and hygiene.
- We are in the process of collecting audio and video clippings on the good drinking water practice.
- We are evaluating efficient treatment systems that can be easily operated at local level with or without electric power.
- Local Government as well as world water bodies are being short listed for proper coordination.